Directions for taking the Baseline IMPACT test
To ensure a valid test, please follow these instructions. It is very important that you are able to fully concentrate during the entire test. Poor performance will result in an invalid test and will require a retake!
- Set aside 30-40 minutes in a quiet room with no distractions.
- No headphones or cell phone use during the test. Turn off any televisions, radio or anything else that can produce background noise.
- Tell siblings and family members about the importance of the test to avoid interruptions or distractions.
- Take your time to read each sections instructions very carefully. Each module is self explanatory. It is common to perform the color word match module incorrectly, please read that sections instructions carefully.
- You MUST use a standard external mouse. You may not use a finger mouse pad (i.e.: laptop mouse), a Track Mouse, or anything other than a standard mouse.
- Minimum computer requirements: 1) Make sure you are using Internet Explorer 6.0 or above, or Firefox 1.5 or above or Safari for Mac users running OSX 10.2 and above. 2) You must have Macromedia Flash player 10.0 installed. You can download Flash Player at www.adobe.com 3) Pop up blockers must be turned off for the duration of the test. 4) Close all other programs on your computer before taking the test 5) You will need a broadband internet connection.
To take the baseline test:
- Go to www.impacttestonline.com/schools
- Select “NJ”
- Click on Launch Baseline Test
- Prep customer ID code is D666F77498
Make certain to select “St. Peter’s Prep High School” when asked for “School/Organization”.
Your test results are not displayed once you are finished (all results are password protected). If you do not have access to the internet or a home computer that meets the above requirements contact, Mr. Kyle Kutsup, St. Peter’s Prep’s Athletic Trainer at 201-547-2306 to arrange a testing time at school.
If your son suffers a concussion, any and all post injury follow up tests MUST be taken at school.
Thank you for participating in our Impact Concussion Management Program